Forza Horizon 3 was released on PC and Xbox One in September 2017. The game is popular series of racing games with a focus on open world exploration, multiplayer gameplay and dynamic weather effects. In the latest update, players reported that the title would crash when Windows 10 updated to October 2018’s version 1809 or higher. Players have been asking for Microsoft to release an update fix this issue as has Forza Horizon developer Playground Games LLC., but it sounds like there hasn’t been any progress so far.-
The “Forza Horizon 3 crashes on startup pc” is a problem that many Windows 10 users have been facing. Forza has released an update to fix the issue.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
Date last updated: December 27, 2021
Publish date: September 2020
- Forza Horizon 3 crashes often, which is nothing new. Users are aware of the problem and are seeking assistance in resolving it.
- If you’re one of them, disable your microphone in Forza Horizon 3 and restart the game.
- To resolve any troubles, go to our Windows 10 Troubleshooting section and concentrate on becoming a better player.
- Do not hesitate to bookmark this Gaming Hub since it might help you improve your skills.
The greatest gaming browser is used by true gamers: Get early access to Opera GX. Opera GX is a modified version of the popular Opera browser designed primarily to meet the demands of gamers. Opera GX is jam-packed with features that will help you get the most out of your gaming and browsing every day:
- Limiter for CPU, RAM, and Network, as well as a hot tab killer
- Twitch, Discord, Instagram, Twitter, and Messengers are all directly integrated.
- Custom music and built-in sound controls
- Razer Chroma provides custom color schemes and forces dark sites.
- VPN and ad blocker for free
- Opera GX may be downloaded here.
Fans of Forza Horizon should be able to play the famous game and put the pedal to the metal from all around the globe. For many gamers, the thrill is fleeting.
They got the game and installed it. However, when they attempted to deploy it, it promptly crashed.
Others were lucky; they were allowed to start the game but were unable to progress owing to a variety of challenges.
The makers of Forza Horizon 3 replied promptly, admitting the accidents. The team also published a guide to assist players in avoiding similar scenarios, as well as a number of fast fixes.
If Forza Horizon 3 fails on Windows 10, what can I do?
1. Make sure your graphics card’s drivers are up to date.
Your graphics card drivers are one of the most prevalent reasons of Forza Horizon 3 crashes. Your drivers may be out of date, which may cause a variety of problems.
To resolve the issue, you should upgrade your graphics card drivers to the most recent version and see if it helps.
To do so, go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the most recent drivers for your graphics card.
Check whether the issue persists after installing the most recent drivers. However, bear in mind that manually downloading drivers might be time-consuming, particularly if you don’t know which ones to install.
Do not hesitate to use DriverFix, an effective solution that can update all of your drivers at once, to make this procedure much easier.
The nice aspect is that you can back up drivers before making any modifications. The library of 18 million driver files continues to increase on a daily basis.
2. Stop Forza Horizon 3 from using your microphone.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. By hitting the Windows Key + I shortcut, you may do so rapidly.
- Navigate to the Privacy area of the Settings app after it has opened.
- From the left pane, choose Microphone. Locate Forza Horizon 3 in the right pane and deactivate the microphone for it by clicking the little button next to it.
This is a strange problem, but it seems that allowing Forza Horizon 3 to utilize the microphone causes the game to crash.
Users recommend turning off the microphone in Forza Horizon 3 on your PC as a remedy. It’s quite easy to accomplish, and you may do it by following the instructions above.
The issue should be totally addressed after that, and everything should start operating again.
3. Make sure you’re utilizing a graphics card that’s dedicated to your computer.
If Forza Horizon 3 crashes on your computer, it’s possible that your graphics card is at blame.
If you have both integrated and dedicated graphics, using the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated graphics might cause problems.
To repair the issue, make sure your integrated graphics are turned off, or check your graphics card program to see whether Forza Horizon 3 is configured to utilize dedicated graphics.
The problem should be fixed after making these adjustments.
4. Verify that the Windows Update service is active.
- To launch the Run dialog, press Windows Key + R. Press Enter or click OK after typing services.msc.
- Locate the Windows Update service in the Services window and double-click it to open its properties.
- Check to see whether the Startup type is Manual or Automatic. Click the Start button to start the service if it isn’t already operating. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
The Windows Update service seems to be causing issues with Forza Horizon 3. If Forza Horizon 3 fails on your computer, it’s possible that your Windows Update service is turned off.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps outlined above to manually activate this service. Check whether the issue persists after activating this service.
Do you have a hard time upgrading Windows? Take a look at this fast tutorial to see how to fix them in no time.
5. Double-check your antivirus software.
One of the most prevalent reasons of Forza Horizon 3 crashes on your PC, according to users, is your antivirus.
Although having a strong antivirus is important for your protection, it may sometimes interfere with specific programs, preventing them from operating or causing them to crash.
To resolve this issue, just disable some antivirus functions or uninstall your antivirus completely and see if it helps.
If this resolves the issue, now could be a good time to consider upgrading to a new antivirus.
Then, if you’re looking for a more powerful antivirus solution that can assist you while gaming, you may locate one among the top antivirus software for gaming.
6. Make use of the Forza Horizon 3 drivers.
Microsoft is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. If Forza Horizon 3 crashes on your computer, it might be a driver issue.
To resolve the issue, you need uninstall your graphics card drivers and then install the Forza Horizon 3 drivers.
We highly advise you to use Display Driver Uninstaller, as outlined in this dedicated post, to thoroughly uninstall your drivers.
You may totally delete all traces of your graphics card driver by using this program. Install Forza Horizon 3 drivers next, and the problem should be fixed.
7. Unplug any USB devices and displays that aren’t in use.
It’s possible that your USB devices are causing Forza Horizon 3 to crash on your PC.
According to users, some gadgets might cause this issue on your computer, therefore it’s advisable to unplug them.
To prevent this issue, you should only connect necessary devices, such as a keyboard and mouse, as a rule of thumb.
Check whether the issue persists after detaching any more USB devices.
You should also turn off any other monitors you have since the game doesn’t operate properly with multiple screens.
8. Reset the game to its default settings.
- Navigate to the Apps area of the Settings app.
- Find Forza Horizon 3, select it, and then choose Advanced options.
- To reset it, press the Reset button. To confirm, click the Reset button.
Forza Horizon 3 may sometimes crash due to a faulty installation. This may happen for a variety of reasons, and the best way to remedy it is to restore the game’s original settings.
It’s quite easy to accomplish, and you may do it by following the instructions above. The game will then return to its normal settings, and the issue should be rectified.
Gamers also shared remedies for the vexing Forza Horizon 3 crashes that they have devised. They are as follows:
- All Microsoft Store accounts have been disabled.
- Drivatar Designs may be turned off in the Settings menu.
- When using InputMapper, some players have experienced problems. It looks that running it in exclusive mode resolves the difficulties.
- If you’re using an Intel Kentsfield Core 2 Quad CPU, the game can close right away as you start it up. These processors aren’t officially supported since they don’t meet the basic requirements. There are currently no known workarounds.
- On single-core or dual-core devices, the game may fail to start. These CPUs aren’t supported since they don’t meet the minimal requirements.
If you’re having trouble with Forza Horizon 3, try the solutions and workarounds suggested above to see if they help.
Forza Horizon 3 is a fantastic game, but it is not without flaws. Here are some of the most frequent Forza 3 difficulties that customers have reported:
- Forza Horizon 3 freezes and crashes, displaying a grey screen — If your game often freezes and crashes, according to users, the issue might be your antivirus. If that’s the case, turn off your antivirus and see if the issue goes away.
- Forza Horizon 3 crashes right away – This issue might be caused by your privacy settings. Many customers claimed that their microphone was the source of the problem, but that the issue was rectified when removing the microphone in Forza Horizon 3.
- Crash on loading screen in Forza Horizon 3 — These issues may arise as a result of your graphics card settings, and in order to resolve the issue, you should update the drivers to the most recent version and see if it resolves the issue.
- Forza Horizon 3 occasionally fails on startup – If you’re having any of these issues, try the remedies in this article to see if they help.
It’s worth noting, though, that some gamers have complained that the problems have persisted even after they’ve attempted all of the available remedies.
They seem to have no choice but to wait for the developers to provide an update that will address these difficulties.
So, how’s it going with Forza Horizon 3 so far? In the comments area below, tell us more about it.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 3 responses to this post.
Forza Horizon 3 crashes on Windows 10 [Startup] is a problem that many players have been experiencing. There are no known fixes for the issue yet, but there are some workarounds that can be used. Reference: forza horizon 3 not launching pc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Forza Horizon 3 not opening?
A: Unfortunately, Forza Horizon 3 is not compatible with PC at the moment.
Why does Forza crash when I open it?
A: This may be due to a recent update that was made. It is recommended you backup your save files before trying the game again, and then delete them after Forza has been fixed.
How do you repair Forza Horizon 3?
A: The answer to this question is too long.
- forza horizon 3 crash fix 20h2
- forza horizon 3 crashes after continue
- forza horizon 3 crashes on startup codex